The Navy Office of Community Outreach (NAVCO) connects Americans with their Navy. With most of the Navy's personnel and equipment logically concentrated on America's coasts, NAVCO oversees a number of community outreach programs designed to bring America's Navy to cities throughout the country which do not enjoy a significant Navy presence.
Our nationally-scoped programs include
- The Navy Week program, which brings Navy Sailors, equipment and displays to approximately 15 American cities each year for a week-long schedule of outreach engagements.
- The Naval Aviation Outreach program, which facilitates performances by the Navy Blue Angels and arranges flyovers and static displays by operational aircraft.
- The Navy Music and Special Unit Outreach program, which facilitates performances by Navy bands, color guards, drill teams and other units.
- The Navy's national Speakers Bureau, which provides Navy speakers for organizations and events across the country.
- The Executive Engagement Visit program, through which senior Navy Flag Officers and civilian leaders visit cities throughout the country for 2-3 days of high-level engagements.
- The American Connections Media Outreach Program, which shares stories, photos and other content featuring Navy personnel with local media across America.