America’s Navy is coming home to Spokane in 2017, one of 15 cities selected to host a Navy Week, one of the Navy’s signature outreach programs.
Spokane Navy Week is scheduled for May 15-21, 2017, coincident with the Lilac Festival and Veterans Torchlight Parade, and is designed to give area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in the week-long celebration:
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams
- Aviators, Sailors and a CH-53 helicopter from Helicopter Mine
- Sailors from USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship afloat in the world
- Navy Band Northwest musical performances
- A senior flag officer and other senior Navy leaders, who will engage with local corporate, civic, government and education leaders
- Navy simulator(s) and other interactive displays
- Visits to area schools
- Community service projects and events with local sports franchises
- Visits with local veterans
More information will be added as available.