America’s Navy is coming home to Louisville, Ky. in 2018, one of 14 cities selected to host a Navy Week this year.
Louisville Navy Week is scheduled for August 19-26, 2018, coincident with the Kentucky State Fair, and is designed to give area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in the week-long celebration:
- Senior Navy Leadership
- Sailors assigned to the city’s namesake submarine, USS Louisville
- Sailors from locally assigned units in the community
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams
- Navy Band performances
- Navy Medicine personnel
- Department of the Navy Small Business Office
- The Navy’s new virtual reality simulator
For more information contact Lt. Cmdr. Brett Dawson, 901-874-7048, email@example.com